Original club members started gathering in 1931 and
established the club in 1933. The clubhouse was built
on the property in the early 1940s and the club was officially
incorporated in 1948. Club dinners have been held for
over 50 years and youth have been sent to the conservation camp
for over 50 years. Years ago, the club was active in
town activities such as Christmas parades and when Falmouth
Hospital was built room furnishings were provided by the club for
room 202. The Conservation Commission was founded in
the town of Falmouth at the request of the Falmouth Rod and Gun
Club in 1961. The club has at least three families
that have had members for over three generations: The Baker
Family, The Cardeiro Family and the Augusta Family.
Most recently in 2004 the club building was expanded with an
addition by club members.
Periodically club members who have shown dedication and service to the club for over 10 years as an exemplary member are selected by the life member committee after being nominated.